Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Gratitude

 

I am grateful to be grandmother to Michelle and Zach

Monday was my annual consultation – as part of a group of contented or retiring clergy, I was invited to meet early with the district superintendent. I fall among the contented, not the retiring.

I decided not to retire on my July trip to the mountains. Refreshed and renewed, I returned to Massey's Chapel feeling good and grateful. The DS said I should ask for that kind of time off – which doesn’t count as vacation, he said -- every year. Maybe I will, assuming we have discretionary income after purchasing another house.

Keith and I got an offer on our house two days ago from the only person who already has been approved for membership at Elderberry. We still need a contract. She lives in Texas but plans to visit the community again in December, and we hope to get a contract and earnest money then. There are still a lot of unknowns.

I pray a lot for Elderberry and for the hostages in the Middle East. I pray for personal peace.

Filled with nervous energy, I have been writing sermons so that I won’t think about it all. I’ve completed sermons through the second Sunday of Advent; I've planned the music and the Advent wreath readings. I've made a new Advent wreath; last year's was falling apart. 

I need to walk more and say goodbye to the forest here. The paths are so covered with leaves it’s difficult to walk.

I’ve started playing pickleball! I’m not very good; it’s not like tennis. But I like it. 

Thanksgiving is Thursday. Eric, Katherine, Jonathan, and I will follow our Thanksgiving tradition and play tennis in the morning, then gather for dinner in the afternoon. As usual, I have much for which to thank God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment