Thursday, October 12, 2023

Antelope Canyon

 

Katherine and I journeyed to Arizona the last week of September, where we visited Antelope Canyon near Page, in the northern part of the state. Carved through the sandstone over millennia by water that sometimes still flows, Antelope Canyon will remain in my memory as a place of singular, other-worldly beauty. It would have been on my bucket list had I known how breath-taking it is. Here are some more photos:

All these photos were taken standing on the sandy floor of the canyon, looking up. I cannot describe the play of light and dark; these pictures were all taken in the early afternoon on my phone with no fancy photography tricks. You can stand anywhere and turn your body - or take one step - and the view changes. The colors change. 

The photo below was taken with a "panoramic view," which counts as a small "trick," I suppose.


The part of Antelope Canyon we walked through is not long -- only about half a mile. It was mildly challenging because we had to climb up and down stairs and ladders and squeeze through narrow passages. I'm so very glad I experienced it with my daughter!  

God is such an artist! 

No comments:

Post a Comment